Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Graveyard Book

With the lack of available funding, often it is several months before we get new YA novels in the library. Let’s be honest…we only get new books when I go out and purchase them with my own money.  I am not complaining, there’s nothing I enjoy more than wandering a book store for hours, unless of course it’s curled up in a comfy chair with hot tea and a good book.  However, Hot Hubby can be a bit discouraged when he sees the bank balance dipping below safe levels. 

My sister-in-law has passed a copy of  our next “new” book along to the library.  Her book club has just finished reading The Graveyard Bookby Neil Gaiman.  In early 2009, The Graveyard Book was awarded by ALA, the John Newbery Medal for the most distinguished contribution to children’s literature.  I think the cover is fascinating.  Do you see what I see? 

I was doing research for next month’s bulletin boards and I came across a book trailer for The Graveyard Book, that you can see at the link below.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/m1660HKJT8UK7W

Mr. Gaiman actually kept me company this weekend.  While I was printing photos, finding ideas and using my Cricut for lettering, etcetera, I found the site below.  It has videos of Mr. Gaiman reading all the chapters of his book while on tour around the country. 

Excellent!  I can’t decide whether to have him read the rest of it to me, or if I shall curl up in the comfy chair, and read it myself. 

…I do have a weakness for English accents.  Enjoy. 

 http://www.mousecircus.com/videotour.aspx –

No comments:

Post a Comment