Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fearless by Max Lucado

What are you afraid of?

 If you think that question is moronic and childish and boring . . . you are absolutely right.  Max Lucado’s sermon-like exploration of this well-worn Sunday school topic has nothing new to offer.  He invites us to follow along as he tells us what we are afraid of (no, I’m not kidding), and then shows us that the Bible says not to fear that thing (no, I’m still not kidding).  The book itself is very short, but fattened at the end with a bunch of useless filler called “discussion guide.” 

In spite of those things, however, I loved the book and would recommend it to anyone with enough brains to enjoy reading.  Given the obviously cliché topic, I’ll admit I wasn’t expecting much.  However, I was immediately captivated by Lucado’s writing style.  In my mind his narrative was delivered with a smiling John Tesh baritone.  What’s more, I was surprised by at least two instances of startling insight (unrelated to the fear topic, of course).  The thing that really kept me turning pages, though, was Lucado’s inspired ability to bring bible passages to vivid life. 

I Loved it.  A lot.

Buy Fearless by Max Lucado

  Buy

 

Read

 

[Via http://quigglevision.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment