Sunday, April 12, 2009

His Name is Jesus

“Christ lived the life we could not live and took the punishment we could not take to offer the hope we cannot resist.” - Max Lucado

It’s only fitting that on the eve of Easter that I would be watching Ben Hur, dying Easter eggs, and reading His Name is Jesus, a compilation of Max Lucado’s writing on the life of Jesus. This book is a beautiful gift book that pairs Lucado’s writings on the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus with inspiring scenes from nature…. my favorite scene was from Yosemite, of course. It had been a while since I had read Lucado’s books - so it brought me back to my college days when I absorbed books like “When God Whispers Your Name” and “In the Eye of the Storm.” This book also features excerpts from Lucado’s other works, including “Six Hours One Friday” “He Still Moves Stones” and “He Chose the Nails.” It’s beautifully designed, and would be a great gift for a grandparent or the “hard to buy for” in-law.

No comments:

Post a Comment