Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Book Review: The Broker

Another John Grisham book…another success!  I believe I have reviewed a Grisham book before, but I will repeat this anyways…. I love John Grisham books!  This one was no exception.

Its about a shady ex-lawyer/lobbyist in Washington who got mixed up in some illegal dealings and went to prison. He was pardoned by the president on his last day in office, only to be put back out into the world in order to be killed by the opposition.  He was re-located to Italy, where it all begins.

What I loved about this book, mostly, was that of all the groups of governments after him, the Israeli’s were the front-runners.  There are snipets which took place right here in Tel Aviv, and streets/places are mentioned that I happen to live right next to.  That was too cool! 

I don’t want to give away the book, in case you want to read it. (And I do recommend that you do!)  If you’re a Grisham fan, as I am, you won’t be disappointed in this quick-read… even if the ending is a bit abrupt and leaves you questioning the future; but then again, most of them do.

No comments:

Post a Comment