Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Review: ALEUTIAN SPARROW by Karen Hesse

Kathy from Bermudaonion’s Weblog listened to the audio of Aleutian Sparrow by Karen Hesse for the WWII reading challenge.  Here’s an excerpt from her review:

This book contains a lot of Aleutian terms, so I had a lot of trouble following it.  There is a verbal glossary at the end, but it didn’t really do me any good after the book was over.  I’m not sure it would have helped at the beginning either.  I think I would have enjoyed the written version of this book more than the audio.

Having said that, I found the author’s note and an interview with Harriet Hope that followed the story fascinating, since  I had never heard of the internment of the Aleut people during World War II.

Read her full review here.

**Attention participants:  Remember to email us a link to your reviews, and we’ll post them here so we can see what everyone is reading!**

[Via http://warthroughthegenerations.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment