Thursday, December 10, 2009

Favorites of 2009

Boy this time of year is busy! As the new year rapidly approaches it is time to reflect back on the year that is ending. Everyone is publishing their year in review articles and the best of the year lists. So, in the spirit of the season, I too will look back on the books I read in 2009 and pick my favorites.

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia is a Southern Gothic ghost story and romance all in one. One of the things I loved about this story is that it is told from the point of view of a teenaged boy. This book has been nominated for an award given to first time authors. Good Luck!

Wake by Lisa McMann is the first in a three book series. The story is about a girl who gets drawn into other people’s dreams. At first she is helpless and trapped in these dreams, but gradually learns that she can control and manipulate the situation. These books are so exciting! The last book is coming out in early 2010.

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins is the sequel to The Hunger Games. I loved the first book and was lucky enough to get an advanced copy of the second. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the sequel was even better than the first.

Ok, that was just a little taste of my favorites list. Stay tuned for more! I would love to hear which books made it onto your list.

˜Megan

[Via http://rockyriverteenlibrarian.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment