Thursday, August 13, 2009

Review: Coders at Work

So, I had a sneak peak at Peter Seibel’s upcoming book- Coders at Work. Thanks for the wonderful opportunity, Peter.

Read it, because then you will know the greatest coding brains.

For those of you have not heard of the book, its a collection of the author’s interviews with 15 of the best brains in Computer Science and Programming, the world have seen. I particularly enjoyed reading the interviews of Donald Knuth, Ken Thompson and Guy Steele- these were the more known names to me because of my trade with Computer Science, Unix and Scheme day-to-day.

After scheming through it, I found one thing re-established, Computing was more fun in the early days. This was a common thread running through all of the interviews- a lot of the interviewees shared a opinion that, computing today is a lot abstracted from the real thing beneath. I wish I was born during those days near one of those university campuses

BTW, if you want a sneak peak, please consider emailing the author and you might just get lucky, like me

[Via http://amitksaha.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment