Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Book review 2

 The Singing: The Fourth Book of Pellinor by Alison Croggon

This book ends the Pellinor series by Alison Croggon. I thought she did a good job at ending the series. She creates a world that is believable and has you questioning whether or not this world did exist here *before* our history started. The bad guys are really, really bad. But the hero and heroine (especially the heroine) are characters who question and doubt their abilities in a believable way.

The outcome for a lot of it is predictable, if you’ve read tons of fantasy. (and I have) But the book still kept me on the edge of my seat while I was reading it.

She’s a very talented author and I hope to find more books from her in the near future. I will definitely recommend that my children read these books - as long as they are interested in fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment