Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Again with the wizards...

I finished Witch & Wizard late saturday night. I have to admit that while there were a few places where I almost vomited because it was so ridiculously cliché, I enjoyed it overall. And I am excited because it is the first in a series yet to be written.

I stand by my presumption of a 1984 wanna be, but It was also reminiscent of a lot of fantasy. There are 5 worlds, or parallel universes, which to be honest the author didn’t do that good of a job explaining more than 2 of them. There was magic and suspense that really did keep me interested. It’s kid friendly. I am going to say it’s  a kids book you need to be an adult to appreciate. Or rather, understand. Like I said, some bits were just too in your face political that I was not the least bit amused.

I’m going to say that I liked it, but not that I’d recommend it to someone who isn’t prepaired to read it with all the cliche patrs. I want to read the next one.

[Via http://dhpotter.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment