Thursday, October 1, 2009

THE MERCK MANUAL

im not a book lover, just like others who always read books such as novels, etch. im interested though, on informative books, like “how-to” books and other stuffs like that, even magazines.

when my youngest daughter, who is still a baby, about 11 months old now, had her first hospital confinement at the tender age of 2 months, i get curious about health, specially the health of my family. it was really heart-crushing when an IV needle was inserted in the tiny vein of my little one.

i became health conscious, so i bought a reference book on medicine, THE MERCK MANUAL.

i was reading the book while watching after my baby inside her private room in The Medical City, when her pediatrician noticed the merck manual. he was very delighted to see me reading that, and he told me that he used to read it while he was still in college as his reference book. he even asked me if i am taking up a medical course, because im reading it. he was very glad that i bought it to enrich my knowledge about medicine eventhough im not in their field.

the merck manual is like an encyclopedia and dictionary all in one, that defines a particular illness, its cause, and the proper medication for that certain disease..

i think every household, specially moms like me, must have this informative book. it will make you become aware of the basic medical terms and its meanings. this will help the physician-patient relationship be able to communicate in layman’s term versus the not-so patient friendly medical terms.

you should secure one now, it costs around less than 500 bucks. not bad for the information benefits that you could get!

rowena.blanquera@gmail.com

rween09@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment