Saturday, October 17, 2009

Meat That Tastes Like Dessert

Yesterday evening, I watched Matt Lauer’s interview with Dan Brown, author of The Lost Symbol, Angels and Demons, and The DaVinci Code.  The interview was interesting, and at the same time disappointing.  The interview just seemed to skim the surface of the many subjects Dan Brown raises.  The interview was not “meat that tastes like dessert,” although I would have to agree with Mr. Brown that his books are definitely that!

I highly recommend Dan Brown’s most recent novel, The Lost Symbol.  There have been some negative interviews posted on the Internet, but I throughly liked the book and would give it five hearts (♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥). 

Although you can read The Lost Symbol alone if you have not read any of Mr. Brown’s books, I would recommend reading the three novels mentioned in this post in orderor watch the movies for the first two and then read The Lost Symbol.  I rarely make a suggestion to watch the movies, but these two directed by Ron Howard were quite well done.

Have you read The Lost Symbol? Did you love it or hate?  Was it just okay?  Let me know what you think by leaving a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment