Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Through The Fire by Shawn Grady -- A Review

I have been waiting for Shawn Grady’s novel Through The Fire.  Once I read the description I was hooked!  I am a fan of novels dealing with the everyday heroes such as firefighters and the like.  When I found out from Shawn’s biography that he himself had been a firefighter thisbook became a must read.

I was immediately drawn into the story of Aidan O’Neill.  I think that part of what drew me into the story was that Aidan was flawed and hurting like so many of us.  Even at his most downtrodden the character of Aidan is likeable and, you, the reader feel drawn to him.  The other characters are just as likable and personable.

To be honest I had a hard time believing that this was a debut novel.  Shawn Grady’s writing is witty and descriptive.  There are some scenes I could see so clearly in my mind because he paints the picture so well with his words.

Through the Fire is a fantastic novel that leaves you with a tangible feeling that there is hope.

If you love suspense and you are looking for a great summer read then look no further than Through The Fire.

To read more about the book go HERE.

*****A GIVEAWAY*****

Shawn has graciously offered a copy of Through the Fire for a giveaway.  Just leave a comment on this post and on July 28th I will use random.org to chose a winner.  (US and Canada only)

No comments:

Post a Comment