Thursday, February 25, 2010

Another post about winter and peanut butter cookies

Before I launch into my peanut butter cookie debacle, let me just say that Old Man Winter slapped me in the face last night.  Remember my last post?  It seemed like me and winter were on the verge of getting along, right?  I was about to embrace winter and do all kinds of fun, feel-good, winter activities.

Well, last night, I left work at my usual time, 4:30pm.  And I walked outside into a blizzard.  Seriously Milwaukee? 

Apparently around 3:30pm or so, the old man decided it was time to drop a few inches of snow in Milwaukee, and to do it as fast as possible (about 4 inches/hour).  Anyway, the bottom line is that I left work at 4:30pm, and I got home at 7:00pm.  So, winter and I are back to square one.

Luckily, I spent those glorious 2 1/2 hours sitting on the bus trying to finish my book, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.  I didn’t quite finish it, but I did finish part of the mystery so at least that was satisfying.  By the way, if you are interested in reading a great mystery, this book is beyond great.

Okay, moving along to more important things, like PEANUT BUTTER!

If you can believe it, I actually have not ordered any Girl Scout cookies this year.  This is quite shocking considering my all-time favorite cookie is the Tagalong.

mmmmm… tagalong…

I was feeling rather depressed about this when my brother in law Chad, aka my new favorite person, introduced me to a little thing called Keebler Fudge Shoppe Filled Peanut Butter Cookies. 

And now all is right with the world.

[Via http://uwkimmy.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment