Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Millenium Trilogy

In this week’s Economist magazine there is a very good review of The Millenium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson.   I read the first book in the trilogy some time ago.  The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. 

Then I was keen to read the 2nd book.  The Girl Who Played with Fire. 

 

 I could hardly wait for the 3rd and concluding volume.  The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest. 

 

I had to wait about 6 months but it finally appeared on October 1st.  It was in the bookshop at Dublin Airport after I checked in for my flight to Boston.  It was one of those airport editions – very big and heavy and awkward to hold or carry.  I couldn’t resist even though I already had enough reading material already with me.  Never mind.  I succumbed and read the first bit on my flight.  I didn’t get very far and I was so busy during my week in New England that I didn’t have time to get any further.  I put it aside, put it in my suitcase, and waited for a more suitable stretch of time.  That finally happened a week or so ago and I was gripped.  A wonderful book.  And a wonderful trilogy.  But do try to read them when you have a stretch of time and won’t be interrupted.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment