Saturday, November 28, 2009

How to Win Friends and Influence People Review

It Begins: “On May 7, 1931, the most sensational manhunt New York City had ever known had come to its climax.”

And it Ends with: “Principle 9: Make the other person happy about doing the thing you suggest.”

It is 236 pages and it took me about 2 weeks.

I would recommend this book to any destined-to-be-successful guy. Plain and simple, if you would like to be successful in whatever you do, read this book. This will help you if you’re trying to get a new job, trying to rent a new apartment, trying to meet new people, or just having a few drinks with friends of your friends. If you already consider yourself successful, then the chances are that you already do some of the things in this book. Nonetheless, you will still learn something if you read this book. If you don’t, I’ll buy you a beer.

What I got out of this book is how to achieve what I want without being ambiguous or shady toward other people. I’ve never been the type of person to read ’self help’ books. Probably because I’m naive and don’t think that I need much help. And to tell you the truth the title of the book makes me feel a bit embarrassed. It makes me think that if other people see it on my bookshelf they will always think I’m trying to screw them over. However, this book was far from that. Using great real-life examples, it showed you how to get what you want and, in many situations, how to make what you want beneficial for everybody involved. It also showed me some simple ways that I can make an impact on people, especially in the business world. When I got done reading each chapter, I closed the book feeling like I could conquer the world and die a rich, successful, likable guy. It was great because I was actually able to start using some of the principles of the book immediately, and I noticed a difference in some of the things I was doing. I’m sure that I’ll browse through this book from time to time throughout the rest of my life. And this is definitely worthy of being in the man’s library.

[Via http://jakereads.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment